Governance at the Gardens
Royal Botanical Gardens, a registered charitable organization, is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, comprised of community members, appointed representatives of four levels of government, and the Gardens’ volunteer group.
Governance is accomplished by ensuring that the Gardens fulfills its legislated mandate, and that its mission, policies and strategies are appropriate and current. The Board also ensures financial responsibility in asset management, future resources, and capital project spending. In addition, the Board approves the Gardens’ annual budget, paying close attention to serving the public’s interest and trust.
The Board advocates the Gardens’ interests to the political and corporate sectors, and the community. Each member of the Board is committed to contributing his or her time, energy, ideas and support to Royal Botanical Gardens.
RBG Board of Directors
- Kevin Brady: Additional Members in place of Appointments by the Governor-General-in-Council
- Cliff Carson (Board Chair): RBG Appointee
- David Conrath: RBG Appointee
- David Farrar: Ex-Officio, appointed by Virtue of Office (President, McMaster University)
- Larissa Fenn: Appointed by Council, Regional Municipality of Halton (Citizen-at-large Rep)
- Lloyd Ferguson: Appointed by Council, City of Hamilton
- Kelvin Galbraith: Appointed by Council, Regional Municipality of Halton
- Ingrid Hann: RBG Appointee
- Alexandra Lawson: Appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor-in Council, Province of Ontario
- Fiona Morrison: Representing the RBG Volunteers
- Daniel Muys: Appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor-in-Council, Province of Ontario
- Kevin Scott (Board Vice-Chair): Appointed by Council, City of Hamilton (Citizen-at-large Rep)