Join a fantastic team at RBG working together to bring people, plants and nature together.
To achieve our mandate requires a diverse range of skills and experience. We hire people who are passionate about what they do and who are looking for an opportunity to contribute that is not limited by a job description.
RBG is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Offers of employment will be conditional upon
- Submission of a clear police check dated within 3 months of the anticipated start date, for all positions. Candidates of positions with direct contact with vulnerable persons must submit a police check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Submission of a current clear Statement of Driving Record for positions requiring a driver’s licence.
- Follow all instructions on the relevant job posting.
- Ensure the file name of your resume includes your name. For example “Joan Hardy Resume”
- Ensure your resume indicates which position you are applying for.
- Apply only once.
- Apply separately for each position if interested in more than one opportunity.
- Only the candidates meeting the job requirements will be considered.
- Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Some positions may require testing.
- Candidates should be prepared to provide up to two employment or volunteer references if requested.
RBG benefits significantly from a compliment of summer students
Some benefits of working at RBG during the summer
- Competitive wages
- Learn from experienced professionals
- Earn co-op hours
- Uniforms provided for most positions
- RBG membership
- Discounts to Ontario attractions
From previous students:
“A truly pleasurable work experience; the past 4 months have exceeded my expectations. I must extend an enormous thank you to those who made it so rewarding. Best of luck in the year to come. I cannot wait to return.”
“Thoroughly enjoyable – I learned a great deal that was relevant to my studies. Thanks for a great summer.”
“It was an enjoyable experience at the RBG, a great summer job and I would recommend it to other Hort students because it’s a great learning experience”
Typical Summer Student Opportunities
Species at Risk
Exact requirements vary year to year. Opportunities will be posted beginning in December until summer as departmental plans are finalized. Check periodically for updates.
2014 Student Opportunities
- There are currently no 2014 Student Opportunities