Children’s Birthday Parties
Celebrate your child’s special day with a nature-themed birthday party at Royal Botanical Gardens! All Birthday Party programming takes place outdoors in RBG’s beautiful Arboretum, and has been modified to ensure compliance with municipal and provincial COVID-19 guidelines. Enjoy a safe – and exciting – morning or afternoon with your friends and family!
All Birthday Party programming takes place in the Nature Interpretive Centre, at RBG’s Arboretum, 16 Old Guelph Road, Hamilton Ontario.
Programs that involve children over the age of 2 years, youth, or vulnerable populations will require all involved staff, volunteers, and participants to wear a face covering for the duration of the program, both indoors and outdoors.
- 1 RBG Attendant to lead activities for your party, as well as assist you with setup and clean up
- RBG Birthday Party Invitations are included for you to send to your guests
- One free pass for the birthday child to return
- A memorable and fun experience for children ages 3 to 13 years old!
Customize your party by bringing your own food, cake, plates, cups, and utensils. For safety, we request that all food brought to RBG for your party be wrapped in individual portions, and that participants refrain from sharing food where possible.
Birthday Party Options
RBG offers birthday party programming for children ages 3 to 9.
The Great Outdoors
Age: 3 to 9, offered year-round
Celebrate a special day with a trip into the wild! This party features a nature hike led by one of our interpreters, outdoor field games, and other activities inspired by nature. Party includes 1.5 hours of staff-led programming, and up to 1 hour for other family-led birthday activities in a reserved pavilion at our Nature Interpretive Centre.
Cost: $200 (+HST) for up to 15 children. (Additional guests: $20 each)
Low Ropes Challenge
Age: 8 and up, offered March to November
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to offer the Low Ropes Challenge Birthday Party. Please check back in the coming months for availability.
Challenge yourself on our certified low ropes course! Led by certified instructors, you will work together with your friends to overcome obstacles while having fun. Party includes 2 hours of staff-led programming and up to 1 hour for other family-led birthday activities in a reserved room at our Nature Interpretive Centre. In case of inclement weather, a Great Outdoors party with wide games will be substituted.
Cost: $300 (+HST) for up to 15 children. (Additional guests: $20 each)
For safety, a maximum of 20 participants for Low Ropes Challenge parties is permitted.
Booking Your Birthday Party
Submitting a reservation request does not imply a confirmed booking. You will be contacted to confirm details of your request, at which time we will require a credit card number to secure the hold on the date.
A $75 deposit is due at the time of booking your birthday party (we hold the credit card number but do not process the fee). The $75 fee is only processed if the party is cancelled within one week of the party date. If you must cancel, please give us as much notice as possible.
- A minimum of one adult must be present for the duration of the birthday party.
- No hot plates or grills permitted; RBG does not supply cooking or food prep space.
- No piñatas, confetti, glitter or other messy stuff
- All programming will take doors outdoors, with space for meals reserved in a picnic pavilion in the Arboretum. The picnic pavilion is not a secure shelter in the case of a storm; if inclement weather is forecast, RBG reserves the right to reschedule the event.