Virtual Trivia Night
Event InformationSpecial Event
Date & Time:
Jul 22, Aug 26, Sept 23, Oct 28, 7 to 8 p.m.
Evenings, Get Social, Special Event, Online
1 to 2 Hours
Free, Pre-Registration Required, Ticketed Event
Test your knowledge with RBG Virtual Trivia Nights! These events are an interactive and fun way to experience RBG from the comfort of your own home. Each month we will be exploring a new theme, with a set of 30 questions centred on pop-culture and scholarly subjects. There’s something for everyone!
Free or by donation, pre-registration required. Royal Botanical Gardens is a registered charitable organization dedicated to connecting people, plants and place. By attending this event, you’re supporting our efforts in areas like plant science, conservation, horticulture and education.
Please note, registration for each game closes at 6 p.m. the day before each event.
- Capacity per game is 150 registrants
- This event is recommended for ages 19 and up
Dates and Themes
- Wednesday July 22: All About Canada, Eh? July is all ‘aboot’ celebrating Canada! Are you a true Canuck or just want to know more about ‘The Great White North?’ From the East Coast to the West Coast, and everything in-between, we’ll be exploring everything that makes Canada home. Join us on Wednesday July 22 to test your knowledge on all things Canada! You WON’T be sorry!
- Wednesday August 26: The Great Outdoors! Take it outside this August, with RBG Virtual Trivia featuring The Great Outdoors! You don’t need to be an outdoor enthusiast to participate in this adventure as we cross mountains and streams, and cover fields and forests. Meet some of Earth’s most fascinating creatures and explore all the recreational opportunities that await us outside! Hike, climb, or paddle your way over to registration to join the journey on Wednesday August 26!
- Wednesday September 23: “Times They Are A Changin” What came first, the chicken or the egg? Where do we go from here? Is this the end or the beginning? Are you now more intrigued about this month’s trivia theme Before and After? We hope so! Join us on Wednesday September 23 as we get nostalgic thinking about the past, examine what the future might hold, and focus in on change. Afterall, why not?
- Wednesday October 28: Trick or …. Trivia? Halloween Edition. The things that go bump in the night and make your hair stand on end are coming for you this October with RBG Virtual Trivia! Delve into the world of monsters, ghosts, creepy crawlies and freaky science as we explore all things Halloween! Be sure to join us on Wednesday October 28 for a ghoulish good time! Don’t be scared, we’re DYING to see you there!
Did you miss our first Virtual Trivia Night All About Canada, eh? Not to worry! Click the link below to play the game now (Game PIN: 07044815) and don’t miss your opportunity to join our next live event on August 26th, and your chance to win some great prizes!
How to Play:
We will be hosting live virtual trivia using the Zoom and Kahoot! platforms. Please ensure you have both platforms downloaded prior to the start of the game. We recommend installing Zoom on a laptop/tablet and installing Kahoot! on your mobile device (links provided upon registration).
Pre-Registration is required to participate.
Questions will be presented through Zoom by the trivia host(s) and participants can enter their answers on Kahoot! through their mobile device. Providing you have access to the Zoom video, there is no limit to the number of participants who can participate on the Kahoot! platform. We encourage you to invite others within your household to participate alongside you!
RBG will send a reminder email the day before the trivia game with further instructions, including a direct link and password to join the Zoom Room at the specified time of the event. A Kahoot! PIN will be provided through Zoom to join the game itself.
How to Sign Up
Registration for RBG Virtual Trivia Nights is through Eventbrite. You will receive an email from Eventbrite once you have registered. A reminder email with further instructions will be sent the day before the event.
How to Play
Please ensure you have both the Zoom and Kahoot! platforms installed prior to the start of the event. The trivia host(s) will be presenting the trivia questions through Zoom, and participants can select their answers using Kahoot! on their mobile device.
If You Win
RBG will award the top 3 players of each game with a prize! 2nd and 3rd Place winners will each receive 2 admission passes to RBG and the 1st Place winner will receive 2 admissions passes to RBG and a $20 RBG gift certificate to use at either the Gift Shop or any RBG restaurant/café. Please ensure your Kahoot! log-in email matches your Eventbrite registration email so we can contact you if you are a winner!
Inappropriate behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, discriminatory remarks and/or gestures, violent and/or threatening behaviour, and engaging with the host(s) and/or other participants in an inappropriate manner. RBG is monitoring participant behaviour and will remove anyone from the game who is not able to be respectful to the trivia hosts and others immediately.
*RBG kindly asks that you keep your video turned off during the event.