Lilacs at the Arboretum
Enjoy lovely lilacs, stunning spring blooms and terrific trails at the Arboretum!
Get outdoors and revel in the sensational blooming collections at the Arboretum! A feast for your senses, the Katie Osbourne Lilac Collection, Magnolia Collection and Synoptic Shrub Collection offers explosions of colour and fragrance and are a must-see of Spring. Experience the season’s flourishing ephemerals — flowering quince, winter-hazel, Callery pear are just some of the stunning blooms that await you at the Arboretum.
There’s even more to see as RBG’s Arboretum and surrounding nature trails come alive with inspiring plants and wildlife! Access an abundant network of trails and explore fantastic birding hotspots — our marsh area is especially great for spotting a diverse range of migrating birds.
From delicate and ephemeral wild plants and flowering trees to beautiful birds and wildlife, every spring visit to the Arboretum brings a new adventure.
Lilacs typically bloom in late-May to early June, but bloom times vary — see What’s in Bloom for updates on our lilacs and other spring blooms to plan your visit.
Book Your Visit Today!
A timed-ticket vehicle parking reservation is required from May 13 to June 13. There is no additional admission fee.
Parking is $30 per vehicle and is redeemable at the Arboretum only. RBG Members are FREE.
- Parking registration applies to all Arboretum activities including access to nature trails.
- Please note that these tickets are valid for one vehicle, regardless of number of passengers, and are redeemable at the Arboretum only.
- Please arrive any time during your designated timeslot, and please keep your visit to a maximum of two hours.
- Timeslots are available to both members and visitors throughout the day, however, there is an early bird slot at 9:30 a.m. for RBG Members only.
- Final admission of the day is 7 p.m. For ticketholders in the final admission timeslot, please ensure you arrive prior to 7 p.m. Please note that the gates close at 8 p.m.
16 Old Guelph Road, Hamilton
The Arboretum holds the Katie Osborne Lilac Collection, one of the largest and most diverse lilac collection in the world. The lilac dell is a must-visit during peak bloom!
What’s in Bloom?
Plants of interest are ever-changing in RBG’s five cultivated garden areas and nature sanctuaries. Check back to learn what’s blooming now or see the blooms calendar for a rough estimation of what to expect each season.